Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Review: WHITE TRASH BEAUTIFUL by Teresa Mummert


Synopsis
A word-of-mouth bestseller that’s captivating readers with its honesty, grit, and headstrong heroine, White Trash Beautiful is a story for anyone who has ever felt trapped in life, cheated by love—and longed for something more . . .

Cass Daniels isn’t waiting for her knight in shining armor. She knows that girls like her don’t get a happily ever after. Not if you live in a trailer with your mom, work at a greasy spoon diner, and get leered at by old men. Maybe that’s why she puts up with Jackson—her poor excuse for a boyfriend, who treats her like dirt. Cass has learned to accept her lot in life. That is, until he walks into her diner. . . .



His name is Tucker White, and he’s different from any man Cass has ever known. Tall, tattooed, and bad-ass gorgeous, he’s the lead singer of the rock band Damaged. From the moment they meet, Tucker sees something in Cass he just can’t shake. Something beautiful. Something haunted. Something special. And he’s determined to find out what it is—if only he can get her to open up and let him in. . . .

PLEASE NOTE
This is the 2012 edition. The new extended edition with over 100 extra bonus pages will be released July 9th.


Pre-Order Links


About this author...

I was a Russian spy at the ripe age of thirteen, given my uncanny ability to tell if someone was lying ( I also read fortunes on the weekends). By sixteen I had become too much of a handful for the Lethal Intelligence Ensemble (L.I.E.). I was quickly exiled to the south of France where I worked with wayward elephants in the Circus of Roaming Animals and People (C.R.A.P.). I was able to make ends meet by selling my organs on the black market for pocket change and beer money. At the age of twenty three I decided to expand my horizons and become a blackjack dealer in Ireland. I loved the family atmosphere at Barney's Underground Liquor Lounge (B.U.L.L.). People couldn't resist the allure of Liquor up front and poker in the rear. Eventually I became tired of the rear and headed off to the United States to try my hand at tall tales. That is what brings us here today. If you have a moment I'd like to tell you a story.
(This bio is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance.)

Teresa Mummert is an army wife and mother whose passion in life is writing. She is the author of the New York Times and USA Today bestselling novels White Trash Beautiful and Suicide Note. Born in Pennsylvania, she lived a small town life before following her husband's military career to Louisiana and Georgia.

Contact this author


Review ~ 5 Stars
Wow such a tender, emotional story. Cass’s story in this book is heart breaking and brings to mind the heartaches from my own past and how difficult it can be to realize that you deserve love, kindness and respect. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy, especially when we are being loved by a good man and don’t even know how to receive it and keep pushing it away. This story tells that and so much more. It takes us on this journey of this girl who barely remembered when life was good and that she felt loved by her parents. When her father abandons them and her mother turns to drugs, abusive men and life just becomes one vicious cycle. I could hardly put it down and I read it in less than a day, I kept picking it up reading it and being on the edge of my seat, inwardly cheering her on, hoping she would start choosing a better life for herself. You can feel this girl’s pain to the level where you become her in the story. In the end I just wanted to snuggle up with my loved one and hold him close and savor the love we share. It made me so grateful for the deep love we have and all we have gone through as a couple and overcame. I don’t even want to start another book right away, but bask in the feelings and emotions this one has left me with.

                                                                                                ~M.L.Schwartz

No comments:

Post a Comment