Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Review: EVERY BREATH (Book One in the Every Breath Series) by Tasha Ivey


Title: Every Breath
Author: Tasha Ivey
Genre: New Adult
Release Date: August 4, 2013

Synopsis
How does someone give their heart away when they don’t have all of the pieces?

Not that Makenna really wants a second chance at love anyway. She is stuck in her tragic past, secretly living every day for her deceased fiancé, while her new boyfriend, Drew, is gently nudging her into the present.

Desperate to appear normal again, she slaps on a happy face and goes through the motions of a normal, healthy relationship—but with the exception of even a single kiss. And she’s okay with pretending, but Drew needs more than she’s willing to give.

Surprisingly, it’s an innocent letter from a soldier halfway around the world that has her seeing life differently. Sawyer is at his breaking point, and his depression sucks him in deeper every day. Makenna becomes his only lifeline to home, and he’s hanging on by a very weak thread.

By helping him, Makenna learns to let go of grief before she’s left with only a ghost of the woman she once was, finally freeing her from guilt and showing her that it is possible to love again. But when she discovers that both of the men in her life are hiding something, she makes two shocking revelations.
One of them is insanely in love with her, and one of them destroyed her happy ever after.

Even though a fairytale ending does await her, is she willing to face her own demons to fight for it?

**DOES CONTAIN MILD LANGUAGE AND SEXUAL CONTENT.**




Review

"Sometimes , it takes someone just as broken as you are to heal you. Sometimes, it takes someone else to show you that you won't heal until every breath you take is for you, not anyone else. The scars may not ever fade, but the heart can be put back together piece by piece, if you have the right person for the job." 

 This is one of the many quotes from the book that stole my heart. I want to start off by saying that this is now in my Top 5 reads of 2013 thus far. I absolutely loved this book and it was wonderfully written. Sweet, Intense, Heart Breaking, Heart Warming and Full of Love. Those are the words I would use to describe this book. 

When you first start off reading you are left a little in the dark on Makenna's past. You slowly start to learn her secrets and why she fears intimacy. We meet Drew in the beginning and I'll admit that I fell for him. The way he was willing to help her through her struggles and his patience and understanding go above and beyond. 

Makenna has suffered a terrible loss and for the past two years she hides her devastation behind a facade of happiness and normalcy, but she is far from normal and is on the verge of breaking. 

Callie is Makenna's spunky, tell-it-like-it-is friend and I loved her. Sometimes you have to hurt the ones you love and push them over the edge to bring them back. 

I can't give much away because this book takes twists and turns in the plot that I could not predict. I felt so many emotions while reading this. My heart broke repeatedly throughout right along with Makenna. 

Sawyer, what can I say about him? He is swoonworthy, he instantly captured my heart. My heart broke for him and his demons he carried from war and his work at home. He is kind, caring, a protector. 

The last five chapters of the book had me white knuckling my Kindle. I was so into the writing that I felt like I was right there in the living room with them. I was holding my breathe, on the verge of tears. It was an amazingly written intense ending. 

Epilogue:  Yes folks, this book is an HEA so no worries there. I cried my way through the epilogue. It is one of the sweetest endings I've read in a long time. I literally had to stop and wipe my eyes so that I could continue reading. The End, those two words killed me. I have a huge hangover right now. I may have to read this again soon. I happily give this book 5 Stars! 

~Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment