Monday, October 13, 2014

Review: Punctured, Bruised, and Barely Tattooed By Jade C. Jamison

Title: Punctured, Bruised and Barely Tattooed



Synopsis

COMPANION NOVEL to the TANGLED WEB series

Kory McCallister has had her eyes on tattoo artist Stone Bowman for quite some time—so long, in fact, that no other guy will do. Stone pushes every turn on button Kory has—he’s tattooed from head to toe; he’s hot; he’s funny and charming; and he’s also mysterious. So when Kory’s friends dare her to ask Stone out on a date, she can’t believe she actually finds the guts to do it.

More surprising? He takes her up on the offer.

She discovers that, while his past might not be quite as dark or mysterious as she’d imagined, it’s bigger than she’d expected, and it’s something she will need to contend with if she decides she wants to keep him around to color her life for good.


Review 

It is no secret that I love Jade C. Jamison. I freaking love the Bullet series. I had yet to read any of the Tangled Web series, but I really enjoyed this companion novel. 

The only thing I disliked about this book, is the person it is written in. I myself find it hard to get into a book when it's narrated to you. But, Jade does it in a way that I still loved the story and it did not ruin it for me. 

Kory is a very complex character. She is, just like the title, Punctured, Bruised and Barely Tattooed. She is going through life just trying to move on. She takes one day at a time and knows what she wants. I really like the way Jade wrote Kory. Even as messed up as her past is, she isn't a heroine that I wanted to slap. I found her strength inspiring. 

Stone, what can I tell you about him? Hmmm? How about the fact that I love, I mean really love Inked men. Stone is covered in it and I loved that about him. I also love piercings. I think I really liked the way he was written because it's real. You know the saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Well, that applies to people too. He's tatted up and pierced, but he is the sweetest, most caring guy. I love him for what he did for Kory. His secret drove me nuts. I'm a very impatient person, so stories like that kill me. I wanted to know so bad who he was. Read this book and you'll see what I mean. 

Overall rating for this book is 4 Stars! ~Jen 

Jade C. Jamison Social Media 


Facebook-Twitter-Website-Instagram-Goodreads 

Jade C. Jamison Newsletter Signup: http://eepurl.com/TOMCH

No comments:

Post a Comment