Friday, April 19, 2013

REVIEW: RELENTLESS by Cassia Leo




Claire Nixon is a twenty-year-old college dropout with a secret.

To Claire, Adam Parker is just another flirty customer at the cafe, until a chance encounter and seemingly innocent comment spurs a bet between them. The bet is simple: If Adam can get Claire to reveal the secret that made her drop out of college, she has to re-enroll. If he doesn’t succeed, she gets to keep her secret and he has to stop stalking her at the cafe.

Claire thinks she has this one in the bag. She’s perfected the art of forgetting her past. But she isn’t prepared for Adam’s relentless pursuit or for him to share his own secrets. And she’s definitely not prepared for her rock star ex, and her secret, to come banging down her door one year later.



My favorite excerpt:

“There are some things that, no matter how hard you try to convince yourself they’re for the best, always seem to cut a chunk out of your heart. And you know that no matter how many wonderful people and beautiful adventures you welcome into your life, you’ll never be whole again. You’ll never be you again.” My throat aches as I speak, but I keep going. “I don’t even know who I was before I dropped out. I feel like that person wasn’t me. Or maybe who I am now isn’t the real me. All I know is that I became the kind of person I always swore I would never be, and from here on out that will never change because no amount of apologizing can undo what I did.”


REVIEW:  5 Stars

Noooo! You can't leave me hanging like this! I have to know what happens next!( That is how I am feeling right now.) What a delicious piece of work this was. I loved every word of this book.  Hooked from the beginning and then left hanging in the end. Ahhh... Oh well, still loved it.
This is the first love triangle that I've read where I could not decide which guy was the clear cut winner. I fell in love with both Adam and Chris. Claire, bless her heart, has a big decision to make there. She has had such a rough childhood. I really felt for her. And then having Adam find out the huge secret she was keeping from him in such a traumatic way. I guess maybe she should have told him from the beginning but then the story wouldn't have been so juicy. Oh please do not keep me in suspense for very long Cassia Leo! I just don't think I can take it.

                                                                                                                      ~Christy~
WANT TO READ IT?
AMAZON  BARNES & NOBLE






No comments:

Post a Comment