Tuesday, April 16, 2013

REVIEW: BLESSED TRAGEDY by H.B. Heinzer



 SYNOPSIS:

Maddie Neumann died the day she pulled away from her parents' house determined to make her dreams come true. She wasn't the perfect little princess she'd been raised to be, all she wanted to do was rock. Everything Maddie was tucked away in a box to allow for her re-birth as Rain Maxwell; a badass rocker who answered to no one and lived by her own set of rules.

Rain's world is shattered with one phone call from her estranged family. No sooner does she get home than everything she thought she knew about her life starts changing. 

Colton Bradford knew there was something special about Rain the moment they first met. Unfortunately, she had a hard and fast rule about dating a bandmate so he was stuck in the friends zone. When Rain is going through her own personal hell, will Colton finally be able to make her see how he feels and convince her to take a chance on love?


REVIEW:  5 Stars

I absolutely loved this story! This was the first book I've read by this author and I was thoroughly impressed with her writing style. I was hooked after the first paragraph, which usually doesn't happen for me. Also this was a refreshing take on the typical rockstar romance scenario, with a badass female rocker as the lead.

Rain is a strong determined young women who decides the cookie cutter life her mother has planned for her is not the life that she wants for herself. After graduation she sets off to start a new life and finds her destiny when she becomes the lead singer for the band Blessed Tragedy. Within her band mates, she feels like she has finally found a family who understands her. Almost from the very beginning she and Colton have had a different relationship than what she has with the other guys in the band. I loved these two characters as a couple. Colton is so loving and attentive that I couldn't help falling for him too. Just when she thinks everything is what she wants them to be, a little trampy bitch tries to ruin everything for her. My heart broke for her when the people that she trusted the most in the world let her down. Everything she she thought she knew is tested and she has to decide to forgive and forget or move on. I can not stress enough how very much I loved this book. If I could give it 6 stars I would.

MY FAVORITE EXCERPT:

One of these days, I'm gonna stop being nice to these little skanks pawning at my man. That's right bitches, Colton Bradford is my man. Mine, not yours. Get your nasty little fingers off him.

                                                                                                                                    ~Christy~

BUY LINK:
AMAZON










No comments:

Post a Comment