Sunday, April 6, 2014

Review of The Pulse (#1 in the Pulse Trilogy) by Shoshanna Evers




AmazonBarnes and Noble 


Review 

I wasn't sure when I started this book if I was going to like it. I had never read a Dystopian Erotic novel before. Let me tell you, Shoshanna has changed my outlook on that genre. I found myself so intrigued with thoughts of, "Wow, what if this really happened today." That is one scary thought, and Emily and Mason lived it. 

I love that she wrote it in dual POV. I really like getting into the minds of both the characters. It felt so real, like it was happening right now. Her writing is smooth, and flows nicely. This woman can write some of the hottest sex scenes in the most peculiar times. I could not help but be turned on by Mason and his Alpha overprotective ways. 

Mason, what can I say? His back story was sad. The way he protected Emily was sweet. I could have smacked him at one point for leaving her, but he rectified it in my eyes. I felt so bad for him in the beginning. I hope they never find him, he deserves to be free. You will understand that more after you read the book. I like to keep you guessing and not spoil it for others. 

Emily was so strong for what she did to escape. I don't know if I would have that in me. It's crazy to think of that happening to woman, yet it does. She was sweet in the way she took care of Mason. I'm so glad she's a fighter and she never gave up. 

Overall, this book grabbed my attention and curiosity and never let go. The Erotic moments were on Fire. I am looking forward to the rest of this series, and more from this author. 

I give this book 4 Stars! ~Jen 


No comments:

Post a Comment